Saturday, June 22, 2013

Still moon

Is it possible that I can see the moon moving in the sky? It seems like it, and no, I'm not driving in the car and claiming that the moon is following me. Which is an interesting, spooky feeling, but not what I'm talking about.

During the time I've been sitting in my backyard, the moon has traveled from behind my house to eleven o'clock in the sky. It has certainly moved. The sense that I am seeing it move comes, I think, from looking past and through grapevine leaves that are tumbling off their support and bouncing gently in the breeze. My brain thinks the leaves are still or stable and attributes their motion, in one plane anyway, to the moon.

I see the moon, the moon sees me.
God bless the moon, and God bless me.

Because the truth is, I am moving, too, on this rotating earth. Though I seem still.

The moon and I, moving through this universe.




No comments: