Thursday, November 10, 2011

Parsley, sage, etc.

Temperatures are dropping into the low-thirties tonight. I wanted to be sure to still have fresh herbs for Thanksgiving dinner. So I headed outside about 5:15 with a flashlight and a paring knife and brought back most of the leaves from the parsley and sage plants. Here's what I dumped on my kitchen counter.
There's a stray tomato in there, so pale it won't have much flavor. I put some in a glass of water in the refrigerator.
I put some in a cup of water on the kitchen windowsill.
I rubber-banded some sage sprigs together to dry.
Kinda looks like that big brown pitcher is using 'em to pretend he's a chicken. It's a stupid chicken collection--why would anyone want to be a part of it? And just in case you're wondering, where's the rosemary and thyme -- I potted them up on Saturday.

No comments: